Betances Community Center and Boxing Gym
This project consisted of the adaptive re-use of an existing warehouse and adjacent floor of a housing tower at 146th St. and St. Anne’s Ave in the Bronx into a Community Center and boxing gym for the local Boxing program. The new 27,500sf space combines community areas such as classrooms, a cafeteria, a dance studio and meeting areas with the centerpiece of the building- a state of the art Boxing gym equipped with suspended lighting, retractable bleachers, changing facilities, and a weights room all flooded with natural light through the triple height glass clad atrium.
- Location: Bronx, New York
- Architect: Stephen Yablon Architect
- CM: Liro Program and Construction Management
- Area: 27,00sf
- Contract Value: $6.5 Million
- Awards: New York Construction – Best of 2008 Awards - Best Adaptive Re-Use